PreCONNECT® OCTO - Cost-effective parallel optics cabling
Thanks to 8 fibers = 4-channel OCTO granularity, optimized for SR4 and /DR4/PSM4 applications
PreCONNECT® OCTO is a comprehensive system for structured parallel optical data transmission cabling. By using 8 fibers = 4 channels for each trunk connector leg, Rosenberger OSI has created a high-performance, efficient multifiber cabling product that optimizes results by reducing both costs and attenuation.
System consists of:
- Factory-assembled fiber-optic breakout cables, FRNC-LSZH indoor cables, up to 192 fibers with connector system MTP®/MPO 4+4 fiber OCTO per MTP®/MPO channel
- MPO/MTP® port breakout using MTP® - LC and MTP® - MDC harnesses and MTP® module cassettes with LC and MDC front and MTP® - LC port breakout units
- Choice of three 19” panel systems: SMAP-G2 SD, SMAP-G2 HD and SMAP-G2 UHD
- Matching patchcords
- Useful accessories
- Patch Location Rack
- For everyone that already has MPO 4 + 4 fiber-based parallel optics SR4 and DR4/PSM4 transceivers on at least one side of the cabling
- Cost and attenuation-optimized for SR4 and DR4/PSM4 or DR4 applications
Applications in the field of parallel optics cabling:
SR4 and DR4/PSM4-based datacenter cabling with 8 fibers = 4 channels per transceiver:
- 40/100/200 GBASE-SR4
- 400GBASE-SR4.2 BiDi
- 4x16 and 4x32 GFC
- 100GBASE DR4/PSM4
- 4x10 GBASE-LR
- Easy migration to higher-speed applications
Further information about the different applications can be found in the product information PreCONNECT® OCTO and PreCONNECT® OCTO LC.
Do you have any questions about our systems? We will be happy to help you.
- MTP®/MPO cabling system that is ideal for use in SR4 and DR4/PSM4 applications
- Reduced costs because only the 8 fibers needed for SR4 and DR4/PSM4 are present in one MTP®/MPO channel instead of the 12 generally used in the past.
- Quick, reliable installation thanks to factory-assembled plug & play system.
- Outstanding quality and cost-efficiency thanks to factory assembly
- PreCONNECT® cabling systems consist of perfectly harmonized modular single components
Properties of individual system components
PreCONNECT® square-interface and installation protection:
Rosenberger OSI brought already 1991 high fibercount factory assembled Fiber Optic Trunk cables to the market. PreCONNECT® STANDARD was the first in Europe developed and manufactured, high fiber count and modular „plug-and-play“ FO cabling system and already 1997 we have been the first manufacturer of MTP®/MPO cabling systems in Europe.
PreCONNECT® OCTO Breakout-Trunks have PreCONNECT® square-interfaces on both sides which can be tool-less hooked into the 19” Panel Systems for tensile and torsion resistant fixing of the Trunks.
The Trunk connector legs are fitting for the 19“ panel systems and are packaged in non-pull resistant dust-proof foil tubes. On request with tensile strength, crush resistant, kink and torsion resistant, installation tubes deliverable.
- OCTO MTP® breakout trunks: MTP® and MTP® PRO male 4+4 fiber OCTO
- OCTO MTP® patchcords, multijumpers, harnesses and module cassettes: MTP® and MTP® PRO female 4+4 fiber OCTO
- OCTO LC breakout trunks and patchcords: LC-COMPACT and LC-COMPACT Push-Pull-Boot
- MTP®/MPO multimode: TIA type B “aligned key” „1 to 12“ grey
- MTP®/MPO singlemode TIA type A “opposed key” „1 to 1“ green
- Description of the MTP®/MPO A and B adapter types can be found in the product information
- LC8 adapter, OM4 purple, SM PC 0° blue
- OCTO MTP® breakout-trunks: TIA method B „1 to 12“
- OCTO MTP® patchcords, harnesses and module cassettes: see product information
- OCTO LC breakout trunks and patchcords: Channelwise crossed A to B
- OCTO MTP® breakout trunks: FRNC-LSZH indoor cable I-F(ZN)HH n x 8 fibers
- OCTO MTP® patchcords and harnesses: FRNC-LSZH indoor cable I-F(ZN)H and I-F(ZN)H(ZN)H 8 fibers
- OCTO LC breakout trunks: FRNC-LSZH indoor cable up to 8K/16F I-V(ZN)HH n x 2, as of 12K/24F: I-F(ZN)HH n x 8 fibers
- OCTO LC patchcords: FRNC-LSZH indoor cable I-V(ZN)H 2F round
- For cable data, see separate cable data sheets
- Multimode OM4 bend-insensitive for SR4
- Singlemode G.657.A1 bend-insensitive and backwards compatible to G.652.D for DR4/PSM4
- For fiber data, see separate fiber data sheets
Operating temperature range: Climate class C „indoor, controlled environment“ acc. to IEC 60753-1, -10°C to +60°C
Length definition: Order-length = length between the connectors of the longest legs at both sides, not between the PreCONNECT® square-interfaces.
- Depending on the length, as cable ring or on cardboard or wooden drum
- Insertion loss (IL) measured acc. to IEC 61300-3-4 method “C” or “Substitution”, MM 850nm/SM 1310nm, with measurement protocol
- Product label with serial number at both sides