Parallel optical cabling with MTP®/MPO OCTO 4+4, LC-COMPACT, MDC and SN® 4 channel granularity - perfect fit for multimode SR4 and singlemode DR4/PSM4 applications
PreCONNECT® OCTO is a comprehensive system for structured parallel optical data transmission cabling. By using 8 fibers = 4 channels for each trunk connector leg, Rosenberger OSI has created a high-performance, efficient multifiber cabling product that optimizes results by reducing both costs and attenuation.
- Factory-assembled nx8 fiber-optic breakout indoor cables, FRNC-LSZH indoor cables, up to 192 fibers with connector system MTP®/MPO 4+4 fiber OCTO LC-COMPACT, MDC und SN®
- Comprehensive 19" SMAP-G2 enclosure system with MTP® module cassettes and partial front panels
- Matching harnesses and patchcords
- Useful accessories
- Patch Location Rack
- Cost and attenuation-optimized for multimode SR4 and Singlemode DR4/PSM4 applications
- Based on standardized trunk cable design
Multimode SR4 and singlemode DR4/PSM4 applications in the field of parallel optics cabling:
8 fibers = 4 channels per transceiver:
- 40/100/200 GBASE-SR4
- 400GBASE-SR4.2 BiDi
- 4x16 and 4x32 GFC
- 100GBASE DR4/PSM4
- 4x10 GBASE-LR
- Easy migration to higher-speed applications
Do you have any questions about our systems? We will be happy to help you.
- Cabling system perfectly suited for multimode SR4 and singlemode DR4/PSM4 applications
- Cost reduction as only the 8 fibers required for SR4 and DR4/PSM4 instead of the old base-12 per trunk leg
- Quick, reliable installation thanks to factory-assembled plug & play system.
- Outstanding quality and cost-efficiency thanks to factory assembly
- PreCONNECT® cabling systems consist of perfectly harmonized modular single components
Properties of individual system components
PreCONNECT® square-interface and installation protection:
Rosenberger OSI brought already 1991 high fibercount factory assembled Fiber Optic Trunk cables to the market. PreCONNECT® STANDARD was the first in Europe developed and manufactured, high fiber count and modular „plug-and-play“ FO cabling system and already 1997 we have been the first manufacturer of MTP®/MPO cabling systems in Europe.
PreCONNECT® OCTO Breakout-Trunks have PreCONNECT® square-interfaces on both sides which can be tool-less hooked into the 19” Panel Systems for tensile and torsion resistant fixing of the Trunks.
The Trunk connector legs are fitting for the 19“ panel systems and are packaged in non-pull resistant dust-proof foil tubes. On request with tensile strength, crush resistant, kink and torsion resistant, installation tubes deliverable.
- OCTO MTP® and MTP® PRO 4+4 fiber
- OCTO breakout trunks: FRNC-LSZH indoor cable I-F(ZN)H(ZN)H 8 fibers, I-F(ZN)HH nx8 fibers, I-V(ZN)HH nx2
- Multimode OM4 bend-insensitive for SR4
- Singlemode G.657.A1 bend-insensitive and backwards compatible to G.652.D for DR4/PSM4
- For fiber data, see separate fiber data sheets
Operating temperature range: -10°C to +60°C
Length definition: Order-length = length between the connectors of the longest legs at both sides, not between the PreCONNECT® square-interfaces.
- Depending on the length, as cable ring or on cardboard or wooden drum
- Insertion loss (IL) measured acc. to IEC 61300-3-4 method “C” or “Substitution”, MM 850nm/SM 1310nm, with measurement protocol
- Product label with serial number at both sides