MTP® cabling system perfectly fitting for SR8 and DR8/PSM8 applications
PreCONNECT® SEDECIM is a comprehensive system for structured parallel optical data transmission cabling. By using 16 fibers for each MTP® connection, Rosenberger OSI has created a high-performance, efficient multifiber cabling product that optimizes results by reducing both costs and attenuation.
- Factory assembled fiber optic breakout cables, FRNC-LSZH indoor cables, up to 9 x 16 = 144 fibers with connector systems MTP® 16 fiber per MTP® channel
- MPO/MTP® Port-breakout with MTP®-LC and MTP®-MDC harnesses, MTP® module cassettes with LC and MDC front and MTP®-LC Port-Breakout-Units
- Two 19“ panel systems SMAP-G2 HD and SMAP-G2 UHD selectable
- Suitable patchcords
- Useful accessories
- Patch location rack
- For all who already have on minimum one cabling side MPO16 fiber based parallel optics SR8 and DR8/PSM8 transceivers
- Cost and attenuation optimized for SR8 and DR8/PSM8 applications
Fields of application:
MTP® (MPO) based Data Center cabling with 16 fibers per MTP® channel
Optimized for parallel optics MPO 16 fiber applications:
- Easy migration to lower speed applications
Further information about the different applications can be found in the product information.
Do you have any questions about our systems? We will be happy to help you.
- MTP® cabling system perfectly fitting for SR8 and DR8/PSM8 applications
- Fast and safe installation trough factory assembled plug & play systematic
- Highest quality and cost-efficiency through factory assembling
- PreCONNECT® cabling systems consist of perfectly harmonized modular single components
Properties of individual system components
PreCONNECT® square-interface and installation protection:
Rosenberger OSI brought already 1991 high fibercount factory assembled Fiber Optic Trunk cables to the market. PreCONNECT® STANDARD was the first in Europe developed and manufactured, high fiber count and modular „plug-and-play“ FO cabling system and already 1997 we have been the first manufacturer of MTP® cabling systems in Europe.
PreCONNECT® SEDECIM Breakout-Trunks have PreCONNECT® square-interfaces on both sides which can be tool-less hooked into the 19” Panel Systems for tensile and torsion resistant fixing of the Trunks.
The Trunk connector legs are fitting for the 19“ panel systems and are packaged in non-pull resistant dust-proof foil tubes. On request with tensile strength, crush resistant, kink and torsion resistant, installation tubes deliverable.
- To reach reliable high return loss in multimode applications as well, the MTP® 16 fiber multimode connectors of PreCONNECT® SEDECIM OM4 are APC 8° polished, with white boot as color code.
- The MTP® 16 fiber singlemode connectors of PreCONNECT® SEDECIM SM are APC 8° polished, as all MTP® singlemode connectors so far, with green connector housing as color code.
- MTP® 16 fiber connectors have an off-center key
- SEDECIM breakout trunks: MTP® 16 fiber, APC 8°, male
- SEDECIM patchcords, harnesses and module cassettes: MTP® 16 fiber, APC 8°, female
- MTP® by16 Multimode: Off-center key, TIA type A “opposed key” „1 to 1“, white
- MTP® by16 Singlemode: Off-center key, TIA type A “opposed key” „1 to 1“, green
- SEDECIM breakout trunks: TIA Method B „1 to 16“
- SEDECIM patchcords, harnesses and module cassettes: see pages of the products
- SEDECIM breakout trunks: I-F(ZN)H(ZN)H 16 fibers CPR class B2ca and
- I-F(ZN)HH n x 16 fibers CPR class Cca
- SEDECIM patchcords and harnesses I-F(ZN)H and I-F(ZN)H(ZN)H 16 fibers
- Cable data, see separate cable data sheets
- Multimode OM4 bend-insensitive
- Singlemode G.657.A1 bend-insensitive and backwards compatible to G.652.D
- Fiber data, see separate fiber data sheets
Operating temperature range: -10°C to +60°C
Length definition: Order-length = length between the connectors of the longest legs at both sides, not between the PreCONNECT® square-interfaces.
- Dependent on the length as cable ring or on cardboard or wooden drum
- Insertion loss and return loss measured acc. to IEC 61300-3-4, method B, MM 850/1300nm and SM 1310/1550nm, with measurement protocol
- Product label with serial number at both sides
Patch Location Rack:
- High-density data center infrastructures
- For the construction of ultra-high-density data center patch locations
- Innovative, restriction-free cable management system
- Rack pillars with integrated cable managers to prevent interference with cable routing
- The covers of the cable managers fold in both directions and are completely removable
- Individually selectable feedthroughs in the sides and rear walls of the large-volume cable channel for simple vertical and horizontal cable routing
- Professional routing of large cable volumes from the patchfields and storage of cable overlengths in the vertical cable managers
- Particularly suitable for fiber optic cables thanks to the use of cable clips (L-fingers) and finger slots:
- The rounded L-fingers ensure that the cables are extremely well protected against bending and kinking even when subject to strain.
- The L-fingers do not have any sharp edges and are extremely strong and resistant to breakage.
- Because there is plenty of space for them in the large finger slots, the cables are neither squeezed nor kinked.
- The L-fingers retain the cables in the finger slots whenever you need to work with the covers folded back or removed.
Dimensions (H x L x W): 213 (46 HU) x 90 x 90 cm
Material and color: Powder-coated steel, RAL 9005 (black)
Optional: 19” Intermediate Rack for the construction of rack rows with uneven numbers of racks on request.