The MTP®/MPO is a low-loss multifiber connector with a maximum of up to 72 fibers, based on n x 12-fiber MT ferrules, with cable ports and kink protection for round cables. Multimode MTP®/MPO connectors are cut according to the global standard PC 0°, while singlemode connectors are cut to the habitual market value of APC 8° in order to achieve a higher return loss.
- Multifiber connector
- Spring-mounted ferrule, centered via pins
- 4, 8, 12, 16 or 24 fibers
- Push-pull locking mechanism
What you need to know about MTP®/MPO connectors and Rosenberger OSI
- Thanks to an initiative undertaken by IBM, Rosenberger OSI was Europe’s first manufacturer of MTP® cabling systems as far back as 1997.
- We are one of Europe’s largest producers of assembled MTP® cables and, even today, we remain one of the very few® manufacturers worldwide to be qualified by IBM.
- MTP® = “Mechanical Transfer Push-On” is a registered trademark of US Conec Ltd. and has been available on the market since 1997.
- It has been standardized in IEC 61754-7 as MPO = “Multifiber Push-On” or “Multipath Push-On” since 2000.
- MTP® / MPO is a connector system constructed around the MT = “Mechanical Transfer” ferrule standardized in IEC 61754-5
- MT ferrules manufactured from composite materials were developed by NTT in the late 80s and are now in very widespread use.
- Multimode MTP® onnectors are cut to the habitual market value of PC 0°; Connector colours: 62.5μm beige; 50μm black, aqua and purple
- Singlemode MTP® connectors are cut to the habitual market value of APC 8° in order to achieve a high return loss; Connector colour: green
- The optical fiber connector system with the highest packing density, 4 to 72 fibers
- SAN and data centers
MTP® is a registered trademark of US Concec Ltd