Most cost-effective solution for trunks up to 24 fibers and short lengths
PreCONNECT® BREAKOUT are our factory assembled, robust fiber-optic breakout cables with up to 24 fibers. The solution is suitable for fast, simple and secure Plug & Play installation of less fibers of short lengths. The both-sided PreCONNECT® square-interface enables tool-less mounting by simple hook-in in PreCONNECT® 19" panels and universal holders. Fields of application for the fiber optic breakout cabling system are data centers and their IT rooms, data center containers and EDGE computing sites.
- Factory assembled FO breakout cables, FRNC-LSZH indoor cables, up to 24 fibers
- Connector systems LC, SC und E-2000®
- Suitable Patchcords
- Useful accessories
- Patch Location Rack
- For few numbers of fibers and short lengths:
- Trunks up to 24 fibers
- Practical lengths: Cost comparison by break-even calculation versus PreCONNECT® STANDARD
- Migration to MPO based parallel optics applications possible by using Migration-Harnesses
- 19“ Panel systems in two different types, modular SMAP-G2 and basic distribution panels selectable
Fields of application:
Data centers and their IT rooms, data center containers and EDGE computing sites
- Universal to use FO cabling system up to 24 fibers per trunk
- Cost and attenuation optimized
- Focused on the useful and necessary
Further information about the different applications can be found in the product information.
Do you have any questions about our systems? We will be happy to help you.
- Most cost-effective solution for trunks up to 24 fibers and short lengths
- Fast and safe installation trough factory assembled Plug & Play systematic
- Highest quality and cost-efficiency through factory assembling
- PreCONNECT® cabling systems consist of perfectly harmonized modular single components
Properties of individual system components
PreCONNECT® square-interfaces on both sides which can be tool-less hooked into PreCONNECT® 19” Panels for tensile and torsion resistant fixing of the PreCONNECT® BREAKOUT Trunks.
Connector legs on both sides can be ordered application specific „variable“ all the same length, from 20cm to max. 5m, or as our „standard stepped“ fitting to our PreCONNECT® 19” Panels.
Mixed configurations, ex. side A „standard stepped“ and side B „variable“ are possible too.
The package of application specific „variable“ legs is a not pull resistant dust-proof foil tube. On „standard stepped“ legs you can select:
- dust-proof foil tube
- and 150 N tensile-strength, crush and kink resistant, IP50 dust-proof indoorinstallation-tube
With all common connector types deliverable, mostly used:
Connector data, see separate connector data sheets.
The connector legs are alpha numerical uniquely coded. The standard polarity is „channelwise crossed“ (pairwise flipped) for full-duplex transmission systems – A1 to B1, A2 to B2, etc. On request „uncrossed“ deliverable.
Breakout cable types:
PreCONNECT® BREAKOUT Trunks are deliverable with all breakout cables up to 24 fibers:
- Indoor cable I-V(ZN)HH Cable data, see separate cable data sheets.
- Fiber types: With all common Fiber types deliverable. Bend-insensitive fibers standard
- Fiber data, see separate fiber data sheets
We consider Breakout-Trunks as an alternative product on short lengths to our well established loose-tube cables based Trunks. Breakout-Trunks do not need cable dividers, since the connectors are directly assembled at the robust sub-elements of the breakout cables. The „Break-Even-Length“ of Breakout-Trunks versus loose-tube cables based Trunks depends on the type. The cost reduction of the not needed cable dividers is equalized by the higher per meter price of Breakout-Trunks at certain lengths.
Order-length = length between the connectors of the longest legs at both sides, not between the PreCONNECT® square-interfaces.
Dependent on the length as cable ring or on cardboard or wooden drum, 100% IL factory measured with measurement protocol, product label with serial number on both sides.
19” 1 and 2 HU Distribution Panels:
- Basic panel with optimized functionality
- Suitable for the connection of all cables assembled by Rosenberger OSI
- Available in the following two variants:
- Fixed installation
- Telescopic complete pullout: fully retractable
- Torsion and strain-resistant cable support for:
- 2 PreCONNECT® Trunk cable dividers for 1 HU
- 4 PreCONNECT® Trunk cable dividers for 2 HU
- 2 PG 21 (29 mm) cable inputs
- Oblique 45°cable guide to rear, guide direction selectable
- 2 universal supports can be mounted for simplex, duplex and breakout cables, see accessories
- Screen-printed front labeling: numerical and alphanumerical
- Material and color:
- Body: aluminium, natural
- Front: powder-coated aluminum, RAL 7035 (light gray)
- Depth: 250 mm
Patch Location Rack:
- High-density data center infrastructures
- For the construction of ultra-high-density data center patch locations
- Innovative, restriction-free cable management system
- Rack pillars with integrated cable managers to prevent interference with cable routing
- The covers of the cable managers fold in both directions and are completely removable
- Individually selectable feedthroughs in the sides and rear walls of the large-volume cable channel for simple vertical and horizontal cable routing
- Professional routing of large cable volumes from the patchfields and storage of cable overlengths in the vertical cable managers
- Particularly suitable for fiber optic cables thanks to the use of cable clips (L-fingers) and finger slots:
- The rounded L-fingers ensure that the cables are extremely well protected against bending and kinking even when subject to strain.
- The L-fingers do not have any sharp edges and are extremely strong and resistant to breakage.
- Because there is plenty of space for them in the large finger slots, the cables are neither squeezed nor kinked.
- The L-fingers retain the cables in the finger slots whenever you need to work with the covers folded back or removed.
Dimensions (H x L x W): 213 (46 HU) x 90 x 90 cm
Material and Color: Powder-coated steel, RAL 9005 (black)
Optional: 19” Intermediate Rack for the construction of rack rows with uneven numbers of racks on request