The SN® (Senko Nano) is a genuine Push-Pull-Boot Duplex plug connector manufactured using 1.25-mm fully-ceramic ferrule technology. It belongs to the category of Very Small Form Factor (VSFF) plug connectors. It was developed by Senko as an optical interface plug connector for SFP-DD, OSFP and QSFP-DD transceivers and various other applications and is available in singlemode and multimode versions with both PC 0° and APC 8° cuts and is standardized in IEC 61754-36 as SAC connector.
The SN® plug connector allows users to increase the port density per 19” height unit (HU) in datacenter optical fiber cabling infrastructures beyond the maximum 96 LC Duplex ports that are possible using our SMAP-G2 UHD.
By implementing the SN® 4-port senior/senior connections in our exceptionally modular 19” PreCONNECT® SMAP-G2 distribution panel system, it has been possible to achieve the mega-high density (MHD) of 128 SN® ports per 19” height unit (HU) while still permitting patching with no equipment other than the user’s fingers.
- SN® (Senko Nano) of category Very-Small-Form-Faktor (VSFF) connector, Senior type
- Even of its miniature design the connector has a rugged housing with central strain relief and push-pull-boot, with which the connector
- can be plugged and un-plugged
- A/B polarity easy and secure, toolless changeable
- To attach transceivers with SN® interface and for MEGA-HIGH-DENSITY (MHD) infrastructure cabling
- data centers