Most cost-effective solution for trunks larger than 24 fibers and long lengths
PreCONNECT® STANDARD products are a holistic structured fiber optic cabling solution. In 1991 Rosenberger OSI introduced already high fiber factory assembled fiber optic trunk cables to the market. PreCONNECT® STANDARD was the first high fiber modular Plug & Play fiber optic cabling system developed and manufactured in Europe for the fields of application in data centers, office and campus buildings.
- Factory assembled FO loose tube cables, FRNC-LSZH indoor, universal and HDPE outdoor cables, up to 144 fibers
- With connector systems LC, SC und E-2000™
- Suitable Patchcords
- Useful accessories
- Patch Location Rack
- For larger numbers of fibers and longer lengths: Trunks up to 144 fibers
- Up to 24 fibers practical lengths: Cost comparison by break-even calculation versus PreCONNECT® BREAKOUT
- Migration to MPO based parallel optics applications possible by using Migration-Harnesses
- 19“ Panel systems in three different types, modular SMAP-G2 and SMAP-G2 HIGH DENSITY and basic distribution panels selectable
Fields of application:
Infrastructure cabling within data centers, office buildings and campus
- Universal to use FO cabling system up to 144 fibers per trunk
- Cost and attenuation optimized
- Focused on a practical and necessary approach
Further information about the different applications can be found in the product information.
Do you have any questions about our systems? We will be happy to help you.
- Most cost-effective solution for trunks larger than 24 fibers and long lengths
- Fast and safe installation trough factory assembled Plug & Play systematic
- Highest quality and cost-efficiency through factory assembling
- PreCONNECT® cabling systems consist of perfectly harmonized modular single components
Properties of individual system components
Rosenberger OSI brought already 1991 high fibercount factory assembled FO Trunk cables to the market. PreCONNECT® STANDARD was the first in Europe developed and manufactured, high fibercount and modular „plug-andplay“ FO cabling system.
Both cable ends of the PreCONNECT® STANDARD Trunks are molded within the cable dividers and assembled with „standard stepped“ connector legs. The „standard stepped“ connector legs are fitting for all PreCONNECT® panel systems.
The PreCONNECT® cable divider is a splice-less furcation to separate the fibers of loose tube cables. He is one of the mechanically and thermally most robust cable dividers for loose tube cables at smallest diameters. With its integrated PreCONNECT® square interface, the cable divider can be tool-less hooked into PreCONNECT® panels for tensile and torsion resistant fixing of the trunks.
The connector legs and cable dividers are equipped with 600 N tensile strength, crush resistant, kink and torsion resistant, installation tubes. Alternatively Indoor IP50 dust-proof or Outdoor IP67 water-proof deliverable.
With all common connector types deliverable, mostly used:
Connector data, see separate connector data sheets.
The connector legs are alpha numerical uniquely coded. The standard coding/polarity is „channelwise crossed“ (pairwise flipped) for full-duplex transmission systems – A1 to B1, A2 to B2, etc. On request „uncrossed“ deliverable.
Trunk cable types:
PreCONNECT® STANDARD Trunks are deliverable with all common loose tube cables up to 144 fibers, mostly used:
- Indoor cable I-B(ZN)BH
- Universal cable U-DQ(ZN)BH
- Outdoor cable A-DQ(ZN)B2Y
Cable data, see separate cable data sheets
- Fiber types: With all common Fiber types deliverable. Bend-insensitive fibers standard
- Fiber data, see separate fiber data sheets
Order-length = length between the connectors of the longest legs at both sides, not between the PreCONNECT® cable dividers.
Dependent on the length as cable ring or on cardboard or wooden drum, 100% IL factory measured with measurement protocol, installation manual, product label with serial number on both sides.
19” 1 and 2 HU Distribution Panels:
- Basic panel with optimized functionality
- Suitable for the connection of all cables assembled by Rosenberger OSI
- Available in the following two variants:
- Fixed installation
- Telescopic complete pullout: fully retractable
- Torsion and strain-resistant cable support for:
- 2 PreCONNECT® Trunk cable dividers for 1 HU
- 4 PreCONNECT® Trunk cable dividers for 2 HU
- 2 PG 21 (29mm) cable inputs
- Oblique 45°cable guide to rear, guide direction selectable
- 2 universal supports can be mounted for simplex, duplex and breakout cables, see accessories
- Screen-printed front labeling: numerical and alphanumerical
- Material and color:
- Body: aluminium, natural
- Front: powder-coated aluminium, RAL 7035 (light gray)
Patch Location Rack:
- High-density data center infrastructures
- For the construction of ultra-high-density data center patch locations
- Innovative, restriction-free cable management system
- Rack pillars with integrated cable managers to prevent interference with cable routing
- The covers of the cable managers fold in both directions and are completely removable
- Individually selectable feedthroughs in the sides and rear walls of the large-volume cable channel for simple vertical and horizontal cable routing
- Professional routing of large cable volumes from the patchfields and storage of cable overlengths in the vertical cable managers
- Particularly suitable for fiber optic cables thanks to the use of cable clips (L-fingers) and finger slots:
- The rounded L-fingers ensure that the cables are extremely well protected against bending and kinking even when subject to strain.
- The L-fingers do not have any sharp edges and are extremely strong and resistant to breakage.
- Because there is plenty of space for them in the large finger slots, the cables are neither squeezed nor kinked.
- The L-fingers retain the cables in the finger slots whenever you need to work with the covers folded back or removed.
Dimensions (H x L x W): 213 (46 HU) x 90 x 90 cm
Material and Color: Powder-coated steel, RAL 9005 (black)
Optional: 19” Intermediate Rack for the construction of rack rows with uneven numbers of racks on request