PreCONNECT® OCTO shows just how simple and cost-effective parallel optics cabling can be!
PreCONNECT® OCTO is a comprehensive system for structured parallel optical data transmission cabling. By using 8 fibers for each MTP® connection, Rosenberger OSI has created a high-performance, efficient multifiber cabling product that optimizes results by reducing both costs and attenuation.
Cost savings through reduced fiber count
The 8-fiber design reduces costs by making optimum use of all the fibers. PreCONNECT® OCTO is backwards-compatible and can be integrated in existing network structures with duplex technology by means of MTP® harnesses.
The elimination of unnecessary interfaces and module cassettes also helps cut costs and reduces channel attenuation. The PreCONNECT® OCTO cabling system enables the optimization of the data transfer in network structures.
- Factory assembled FO breakout cables, FRNC-LSZH indoor cables, up to 192 fibers with connector systems MTP® with 8 fibers OCTO fiber assignment per MTP® channel
- Port-Breakout with MTP® - LC Harnesses and MTP® Module-Cassettes with LC front
- 19" Panel systems in two different types, modular SMAP-G2 and SMAP-G2 HIGH DENSITY selectable
- Suitable Patchcords
- Useful accessories
- Patch Location Rack
- Cost reductions due, for example, to the elimination of cassette modules and the use of 8 fibers instead of 12
- Totally reliable installation using Plug & Play system
- Reduced insertion loss
- Flexibility of migration
- Backwards compatibility