Rapidly advancing digitization in almost all areas of industry continues unabated the trend toward fiber optics as the basis of a high-performance communications infrastructure. In the wake of the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0, fiber optics are finding their way into many new environments and applications. Whether it's a data center, building network or industrial application, deciding on the "right" connector technology has a huge impact on operational reliability. And this is where 3M™ Expanded Beam Optical (EBO) technology opens up new possibilities.
In our OSI Webtalk, you will learn:
- What requirements increasing digitalization places on connectors.
- What makes this Expanded Beam concept unique for fiber optic connectors
- How 3MTM EBO contributes to increasing operational reliability
- The wide range of applications for which 3MTM EBO can be used
- Whether this technology will revolutionize the data center
Presented by Wolfgang Rieger, Business Development Data Center Europe
Since graduating in communications engineering in 1993, Wolfgang Rieger has been responsible for business development in the field of structured IT cabling for office buildings and data centers with a focus on Eastern Europe and Russia. He has built up this business very successfully for an internationally active major US corporation and can look back on many years of experience in the fields of fiber optic and transmission technology. Since the beginning of 2020, Wolfgang Rieger has been jointly responsible for "Business Development Data Center - Europe" at Rosenberger OSI.